Fall Protection Basic Skills Course
Falls are one of the major causes of serious and fatal injuries in the workplace. Without proper training, employees exposed to fall hazards face risks of harm and prosecution, their families face heartache and hardship, and their employers face risks of prosecution, fines, jail time, and bankruptcy.
- Legal requirements for protection while working at heights
- Fall protection strategies and techniques
- The types of fall arrest equipment
- Proper donning/doffing of fall arrest equipment, including hands-on demonstrations
- Proper inspection techniques for fall protection equipment
- Procedures for safe ladder and scaffolding use, selection, maintenance and inspection
Public Price Per Attendee
$595.00 Early Bird
In-House Price Per Attendee
Dates and Locations
Dr. John Murphy
BSc MHSc MBA PhD ROH CIH
John is President of the REA companies in the United States, Canada and Barbados, Adjunct Professor of Occupational and Environmental Health at the Dalla Lana School of Public Health, and an occupational hygiene, health and safety instructor for the Department of National Defense and Canadian Armed Forces. He holds four degrees: Bachelor of Science, Master of Business Administration, Master of Health Science in occupational hygiene, and Doctor of Philosophy degree in public health. He is a Certified Industrial Hygienist and a Registered Occupational Hygienist. His unique expertise and perspective on the course topic has been gained through work as an advisor on fentanyl risk assessment and protective measures with national police, border services, and transport regulatory agencies.