Industrial designers and manufacturing engineers make ergonomic design decisions every day. It is well known that poor ergonomic design can lead to musculoskeletal injuries, low back pain, and other ailments; as well as increased error rates, reduced quality and lower productivity. Given this, “ergonomic literacy” should be a core competency of every manufacturing specialist and designer.
Unfortunately, until now, ergonomic training courses for business have tended to focus on issues in office environments – it has been much harder to find training to address the needs of engineering personnel responsible for equipment and process design and operation. “Industrial Ergonomics for Safety and Performance” is designed to fill the gap.
- The importance of ergonomic and human factors design principles in process and equipment design
- Where ergonomic risk assessment fits into comprehensive manufacturing risk assessment
- Key standards, tools and applications for industrial ergonomic design, construction and implementation
- Choosing the right solution for a given situation
- Making the business case: benefits for safety, productivity, performance, quality
- Machine and process design case studies and examples
Public Price Per Attendee
$699.00 Early Bird (effective until 20 calendar days before course date)
In-House Price Per Attendee
Please Inquire (minimum registrations apply and may include additional charges for travel and customization).